The University of Michigan has never shied away from the biggest challenges. No matter the complexity, we confront them head on, holding sacred our deep commitment to improving our community, our state and our world.
It is a commitment that is renewed each day by the Michigan Medicine nurse providing life-saving care to patients, by the university researcher partnering with community leaders to reduce youth firearm violence in our state, and by first-generation undergrads working diligently to complete a degree that they know will provide the knowledge and tools to achieve career success and answer some of our world’s most pressing questions.
In this newsletter, you will read about many of the university initiatives deeply rooted in our mission as a public institution serving the people of Michigan – from Detroit to Marquette to Muskegon – and others across the country and world.
I invite you also to explore our relaunched Planet Blue website, which serves as a hub for everything the university is doing to address pressing environmental challenges. It highlights progress toward our recently unveiled carbon neutrality commitments and includes stories on our research and community engagement efforts.
As long as challenges remain in our society, the University of Michigan’s work will remain unfinished. I look forward to continuing that work in the years ahead. Thank you for your continued partnership and commitment to our great university.
- First-Responder Robot Research Receives $1M Grant
- Working Toward Equitable Access and “Disabusing Disability
- 1 in 8 Americans Could Benefit from Mobility Disability Exoskeletons
- Mcity Strives to Increase Safety and Trust in Vehicle Automation
THIS IS MICHIGAN
MICHIGAN IN THE NEWS
- Michigan Farm News: EGLE awards $412K in Michigan Clean Energy Asset Roadmap Program grants
- WLNS 6: U-M Flint to receive grant to support over 300 jobs, invest $10.4 million in Flint
- NBC News: Man Freed From Prison After Charges Dismissed in Michigan Fire That Killed 5 Children
- New York Times: We’re Smarter About Facebook Now
- CBS Detroit: $11M Gift Helps University Of Michigan Put Emphasis On Environmental Justice